Rob,
There are a couple of ways of handling this, but this is what I
have done in the past.

Create a mail in database for the "dead" address (what you DON't want to
receive mail from).

Create a form based on Memo from the mailX.ntf.

Modify the FROM field (current a computed formula), I suggested an address
lookup,
which would be copied from the To field on the same form.

Now the user can define who the message is SENT from.
The user doesn't need to switch IDs and there is a database which anyone
(you give) can send from.

Next: If you don't want replies from the message ever, (make the user
read your message and type a new memo)
Make the FROM field NULL. in the form.

Now a user attempting to reply will be warned that there is no recipient
in the to field.

Enjoy.

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
WPLC products for IBM i for Power Systems including AS/400, iSeries and
System i
507-286-6088
Cell: 507-990-4539
wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx