Did you determine how the jobs died? If you do a WRKJOB LEI or WRKJOB
LEICSM are they long gone? It would be interesting to see if they died
because of some abnormal situation that you should PMR.

LEI should NOT be put directly into ServerTasks. IBM recommends putting a
program called LEID into ServerTasks. See this technote (1201192):
http://tinyurl.com/3jy4v6
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=899&context=SWA40&context=SWA50&context=SWA60&context=SWCZ0&context=SWD10&context=SS4R7J&context=SSES8G&context=SSKTYF&context=SSMT72&context=SSPQ7E&context=SSMSB2&context=SS6JVW&context=SS5LUA&context=SSCM2P&context=SS3LP9&context=SSFLMV&context=SSESJN&context=SSKTPA&context=SSVHEW&context=SSVHFY&context=SSVLBW&dc=D400&dc=DB500&dc=D800&dc=D900&dc=DA900&dc=DA800&dc=DA600&dc=DB400&dc=D100&dc=D600&dc=DB600&dc=DA400&dc=DB300&dc=DA100&dc=DB100&dc=DA700&dc=DA450&q1=leid&uid=swg21201192&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=all
IBM also recommends you issue a TELL LEI QUIT prior to your ENDDOMSVR. We
have one 15 minutes prior on WRKJOBSCDE.

You could look at Management Central Monitors for particular jobs. This
should alert you when certain jobs are not running. However it's not the
most robust part of Management Central and I've not done a good enough job
of pursuing issues to the end.

I assume you're doing some sort of job api as found in
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/scope/i5os/topic/apis/wm1.htm
as your current solution. Not bad.

We weren't using a job queue. We were using a data queue. Data queue
server job would read the data queue and then run the LEI request.
However, there seemed to be a problem after a certain large number of
requests. No resolution was in sight. So now the data queue server job
then job queue's the requests back out.

An end-to-end test might look like:
DB2 sticks some data into a file.
Submits request to LEI to post it.
Pauses. Clears the DB2 file.
Submits request to LEI to post it back from Notes to DB2.
Checks DB2 file. Alerts the troops if it's not kosher.