Using Domino clusters we clustered three small System i machines for our company. They are front ended by an F5 networks load balancing box which directs requests to the least busy server. The three servers are all remote from each other but clearly they don't need to be. If any of the servers are unavailable they are simply ignored by the F5 used until they return. Simple to set up and reliable too.

We'll likely reduce to just two systems now that we're up to Domino 7.

- Larry

seanmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Domino clustering works almost flawlessly for us and has so for many years.
We have 32 servers in our cluster (mixed windows, Solaris and i5/OS, with over 5TB of Domino data clustered.
It is easy to create multiple replicas available on multiple servers via ADMINP.
The key to failover for client applications is the catalog.nsf and the cldbir.nsf. Access to database and servers in the cluster
can be controlled. For very busy apps or servers you can also add multiple cluster replicator jobs.

For HTTP we use a cisco load balancer CSM which also makes High Availability a cinch.

Sean