Tried the midrange-l list. Got some suggestions but I thought I'd bump it
off of this list also.
For more information on the discussion on midrange-l

I have multiple interfaces set up on my lan card. When I ftp out from an
i5/os command line (or program or ...) how can I ensure that it binds to a

specific address?
I didn't see anything in CHGFTPA.

I thought about working with the tcp/ip routes. Like, changing the
default route to bind to a particular interface. However I have concerns
if that would screw up other applications. For example
Lets say I have the following interfaces defined
10.10.1.16 MYDOMINO01
10.10.1.17 MYDOMINO02
10.10.1.18 MYI5
10.10.1.19 MYWAS01

If I change
RMVTCPRTE RTEDEST(*DFTROUTE)
SUBNETMASK('255.255.255.0')
NEXTHOP('10.10.1.1')
BINDIFC(*NONE)
ADDTCPRTE RTEDEST(*DFTROUTE)
SUBNETMASK('255.255.255.0')
NEXTHOP('10.10.1.1')
BINDIFC('10.10.1.18')
That's not going to try to bind my Domino applications to that particular
address also is it?

Let me throw one more interface into the mix.
10.10.20.15 MYI5MIMIX
which uses a different line description, on a different NIC, to route all
mimix traffic over that other NIC. I can probably be safe with this last
addition because I only care about one particular external address and it
should use that route before it uses *DFTROUTE.

The problem is, if 10.10.1.18 is not up then my outbound ftp binds to
10.10.1.17. Some discussion was given that it binds to whichever
interface starts first. Which is rather bizarre because
1 - Why would it have bound to 18 in the first place?
2 - If 18 is down, why bind to 10.10.1.17 and not 16?

We often bring down the i5/os interface when we've used Mimix to fail over
to a different lpar. When we come back that interface is not started
immediately.

Someone suggested Schowler routes. But I feel that is a routing based
more on destination and not interface (like FTP).