rob wrote:

Associated settings:
  Offset . . . . . :   -04:00
  Full name  . . . :   Eastern Daylight Time
  Abbreviated name :   EDT

Although I get confused as to why the PC calls that -5 and i5/os calls
that -4.

Well, -5 would be correct for EST and -4 would be correct for EDT.  Maybe
the PC disregards the change in the offset?

Patrick

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/12/2007 10:29 AM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: dst stuff on Domino

Some users are noticing stuff that is an hour AHEAD now.  In the email
will be two times, one current and one an hour ahead.
Their inbox is telling them that they have x unread documents.  But these
new documents cannot be seen in the Inbox - only in the All Documents
view.
I verified the client stuff...:
No UseNotesTimeZone in the ini
Use Operating Systems = Yes in the location document
Calendar preferences says Local Time.
PC clock is right.
Pretty sure patches are all there.
When he sent an email to himself the time was wrong and was only in All
Documents.

Now he sent another one to a coworker on the same server and it all looks
fine.  So he sent another one to himself and it all looks fine.
What gives?  Might it be the "...typically updated to the operating
system's DST rules within minutes..."?

I am on a different server than these two gents.  I send myself an email
and it looks fine.  I sent him another one.  It's now showing up in his
inbox, but the time is off.
Both servers are 7.0.2FP1 on i5/os V5R4 with matching PTF's.
A test email from yahoo appears correctly on both.
He sends me an email and it is all fine.
Coworker on same server sends him one and the time is off.
Tries DWA and gets "your time zone doesn't match OS"  or something like
that.  Tries setting that to Eastern (not Indiana) and keeps getting the
message.

server's notes.ini matches on his server and on mine.
Timezone=5
DST=1
DSTLaw=3, 2, 1, 11, 1, 1
ZONE_SET=1
with the last two lines inverted on the other.
WRKSYSVAL QTIMZON shows the same on both:
Time zone  . . . . . . :   QN0500EST3     Name