Chris,

It transfers the files once, then they are available to all DPARs on the
LPAR.  It creates a DOM701.LIB under QSYS.LIB.

I did an upgrade using the *ALL and *LATEST options of UPDDOMSVR to do all
of the DPARs at one time.

Ken

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

domino400-bounces+kgaskill=csc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/08/2006
03:56:41 PM:

   When you update each server, does it just transfer the data once for
each
   partition? I've never used the PC setup option.

   I just FTP the SAVFs to each physical server I have and leave them in
   DOMINOXXX library. Then, if I'm ever in a jam and have a bum server
that I
   need to reload Domino on the files are already there for the install
and I
   don't need to download or go to my specific PC. It can (and has!) be a
   huge time saver. Once, when I upgraded my Sametime's Domino server I
   actually had to reload Sametime over itself. It helped only having to
do a
   rstlicpgm!!

   And I always keep the SAVFs for all current domino servers as well as
the
   release I just upgraded from - just in case...

   Chris

   Chris Whisonant
   Comporium
   Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
   IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions
V5R2
   IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
   IBM Certified Associate Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
   803.326.7270
   -----domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
   -----