Sorry, was looking in the wrong place - the 2740xxxx error:

(2629, 2718, 2726, 2728, 2729, 2740, 2741, 2809, 2810, 2824, 282C, 6532,
6533, 6534, 671A) Reference Codes
These Storage IOAs are allowed only on migrated towers. See Migrated
Expansion Unit Problem Analysis, Repair and Parts, SY44-5968-00.

That book is here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/v5r1hwpdf/pdf/y4459680.pdf

9010 Cache data associated with attached devices cannot be found Perform
?SDIOP-PIP31? on page 450.

SDIOP-PIP31
Note: Determine if the system has logical partitions. Go to ?Determining
if the
System Has Logical Partitions? on page 875, before continuing with this
procedure.
SDIOP PIPs
450 AS/400 Migrated Expansion Tower Problem Analysis, Repair and Parts
V4R5
Note: If the system has logical partitions, perform this procedure from
the logical
partition that reported the problem.
Introduction: Cache data associated with the attached devices cannot be
found.
You were sent to this procedure from URC 9010.
1. Did you just exchange the storage I/O adapter as a result of a failure?
Yes No
? Go to step 6 of this procedure.
2. Reclaim the cache storage (see ?Reclaim IOP Cache Storage? on page
892).
Note: The system operator may want to restore data from the most recent
saved tape after you complete the repair.
3. Does the IPL complete succesfully?
Yes No
? Go to ?Starting Point For All Problems? on page 3 to correct the
problem.
This ends the procedure.
4. Before completing this service action, perform the following:
a. Power off the system (see ?Powering On and Powering Off the System or
Expansion Tower? on page 868).
b. Replace the cache directory card from the failed storage I/O adapter
with
the cache directory card that came with the replacement storage I/O
adapter (see ?Cache Directory Card, For Type 2740, 2748? on page 624).
c. Select the IPL type and mode that are used by the customer (see AS/400
Service Functions).
d. Power on the system.
5. Does the IPL complete successfully?
No Yes
? This ends the procedure.
6. Have the I/O cards been moved or reconfigured recently?
Yes No
? Go to step 9 of this procedure.
7. Perform the following:
a. Power off the system (see ?Powering On and Powering Off the System or
Expansion Tower? on page 868).
b. Restore all I/O cards to their original position.
c. Select the IPL type and mode that are used by the customer (see AS/400
Service Functions).
d. Power on the system.
8. Does the IPL complete successfully?
No Yes
? This ends the procedure.
9. Has the system been powered off for several days?
Yes No
SDIOP PIPs
Chapter 3. Problem Isolation Procedures (PIPs), Failing Items, and
Symbolic FRU Isolation 451
? Ask your next level of support for assistance.
This ends the procedure.
10. The cache battery pack may be depleted. Do NOT replace the I/O adapter
or
the cache battery pack.
Reclaim the cache storage (see ?Reclaim IOP Cache Storage? on page 892).
Note: The system operator may want to restore data from the most recent
saved tape after you complete the repair.
11. Does the IPL complete succesfully?
No Yes
? This ends the procedure.
12. Ask your next level of support for assistance.
This ends the procedure.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
IBM Certified Associate Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
08/25/2006 01:24:44 PM:

Sorry to bother you with this, as it has nothing to do with Domino.

We have a 170 that is showing 27409010 in the contol panel of the AS/400
and the amber light is on. Also, we can't get a terminal to connect to
it.
Of course, we don't have hardware/software support.

Do you have any ideas as to what we should do or a place to point me to
troubleshoot these issues?

Thanks.

 Gregg