well we really need both

Thanks,
Scott Reece
System Administrator
City of Bend
sreece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office - 541-388-4426

"Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you
in life. "  --JFK

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             domino400-bounces                                          To
             +sreece=ci.bend.o         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             r.us@xxxxxxxxxxxx         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             01/20/2006 11:53                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: Server mail rules

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

External mail, internal mail or both?

If just external mail you could create a group profile.  Give that persons
external email address, bubba at xyz dot com, to the group and put him and
the hr manager in the group.  They could still use their external address
for sending mail.  You could probably just skip the group and give the hr
manage two external addresses, one being bubba's.  I have a half of a
dozen.  All outgoing email goes the same, but I have several incoming
addresses to dekko.  If I get spam to my vendorA at dekko dot com account
then I know that vendorA sold my address and I can delete it quickly.

For hardcore trapping you might need some sort of appliance.  Like if you
have very sticky email rules, like a copy of all email goes somewhere
where the user cannot ever delete it.

"The first thing we'll do is, we'll kill all the lawyers."

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Scott Reece <SReece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/20/2006 02:43 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: Server mail rules

well I need the contents of all emails delivered to or sent from a user to
our HR manager, message tracking doesn't  give the contents does it? if it
has been deleted etc....

Thanks,
Scott Reece
System Administrator
City of Bend
sreece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office - 541-388-4426

"Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to
you
in life. "  --JFK

             Robert Laing
             <rlaing@xxxxxxxxx

             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +sreece=ci.bend.o                                          cc

             r.us@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject

                                       Re: Server mail rules
             01/20/2006 11:38
             AM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

Would message tracking provide what you're looking to do ?

Bob

Robert Laing
Project Manager/Solution Developer
GEMKO Information Group, Inc.
120 Church St.
Buffalo, NY 14202
(716) 854-2585 x117
email: rlaing@xxxxxxxxx
web: www.gemko.com

             Scott Reece
             <SReece@xxxxxxxxx
             r.us>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +rlaing=gemko.com                                          cc
             @midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Server mail rules
             01/20/2006 02:34
             PM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

OK, so is it possible to send a copy of all email to and from a specific
user to another user? Of course without the first user knowing. I looked
in
the mail rules section and for the server mail rules there doesn't seem to
be that type of option, although there is that option in the users
individual mail rules. Obviously I cant set it up that way on the
individuals mail rules as they could see it in the list.......

Thanks,
Scott Reece
System Administrator
City of Bend
sreece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office - 541-388-4426

"Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to
you
in life. "  --JFK

             Walter Scanlan
             <wscanlan@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             +sreece=ci.bend.o                                          cc
             r.us@xxxxxxxxxxxx         domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.c
                                       om@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Lotus Domino on
                                       the iSeries / AS400
             01/20/2006 11:27          <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                       Re: Server mail rules

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

your configuration document is corrupt.

try fixup, if that fails rebuild the document.

Walter Scanlan
Senior Software Engineer
Domino & Workplace for iSeries
507-286-6088
wscanlan@xxxxxxxxxx

Scott Reece <SReece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces+wscanlan=us.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/20/2006 01:19 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Server mail rules

All,

I cant seem to find the mail rules tab on the server. We are running
Domino
6.5.4FP1 on iSeries OS400 V5R2. I have looked in the configuration
document
on the server in the Router and SMTP section, but its not there. Anyone
have any ideas?