I have no experience with the iSeries Single Logon product, but there is
also a Single Sign-On that allows synchronization between Lotus Notes and
Windows that is an optional part of the Lotus Notes Client install.  You
might be able to use that for your non-iSeries users' synchronization
needs is the iSeries Single Logon doesn't work out.

As for the required same password, that's not the case with the Notes
Single Sign-On.  If the passwords don't match, you get a nag screen that
you couldn't be logged in because the passwords don't match, but you are
able to enter the other password manually and continue on your way.

I doubt that's much help, but there it is.

Have a good one,
Patrick

GKern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/06/2006 02:49 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
i5/OS Single Logon

I want to test using this feature and demo it as proof of concept.

The product can be found at the following link:

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/slinstall.htm

I have a few questions though... We have some users who do not connect to
the iSeries. They log on to the windows network, and then access their
email via lotus notes. Is there any requirement that all three entities
(windows, notes, iSeries) require user profiles, or can this be used even
if a user has no associated iSeries profile?

Also the FAQs (link below) indicates that switching to another notes id
(ie notes administrator) requires the same password. I find that to be
disappointing since we want to keep the notes administrator password
separate from the network administrator password, since we have different
persons in each of those roles. Doing so would give the network admin
domino admin access and vice-versa - I as domino admin would then have
access to the network admin password.

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/slfaq.htm

Comments anyone?

Regards, Jerry

Gerald Kern - MIS Project Leader
Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator
IBM Certified RPG IV Developer
The Toledo Clinic, Inc.
4235 Secor Road
Toledo, OH 43623-4299
Phone 419-479-5535
gkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*****
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.