Hi everyone,

I'm pretty experienced as an RPG programmer, but I'm still learning my way
around the Domino web environment. We've got a browser-based Domino app
that has documents based on two forms in a header/detail relationship.
(i.e. I may have document  1 from form Hdr and then documents 11, 12, and
13 from form Dtl, all of which point to document 1 based on a common "key
field" value.)

What I want to be able to do is to call up document 1 in the browser and
then click a button to make a copy of it, along with its associated detail
documents (e.g. document 2 from Hdr and documents 21,22, and 23 from Dtl).
Then I'd like to have the window close document 1 and open document 2, so
that I can edit it and make changes.

I know there are various ways that I can copy document 1 to document 2.
The only way I know to also copy documents 11, 12, and 13 is to use
LotusScript, in an agent, but if I do that I'm not sure how to pass
information about them back to the browser.

The best I've come up with is to have the agent do the copies and then
have the browser open a view that contains (only) document 2, at which
point I can select it and edit it.

Is there a better way? Does anyone have any examples, or can you point me
to where I can learn more about how to make this work? I'm more than happy
to RTFM, if I knew what TFM was.

If it makes a difference, this does _not_ have to work in the Notes
client, since everything we do is browser-based.

Thanks for any help you can give me. . . .

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Road