Hi Sean,

Thanks very much! We've got three Domino servers, one iSeries and two W2K.
I've got a totally separate test network set up emulating the iSeries and
one of the W2K servers (the other just holds our public web site, so I'm
not too worried about it, and two test servers is all they gave me). I
think I can to a lot in that environment, but since both the servers are
W2K one of the things I can't do is test the iSeries-specific pieces. I'm
hoping to set up a test ND6 server on the real network so that I can test
the LSX ODBC connections to the iSeries (of course, it'll still be at
5.0.8), but as far as I can tell LEI will have to wait until we go live.

I'm new at all of this, so of course I'm a little nervous; on the other
hand, all we do is web applications (no Notes clients, no mail, no
SameTime or QuickPlace, etc.), so there are a lot of things I _don't_ have
to worry about.

One thing I've been reading about, though, is converting databases from
ODS 41 to ODS 43. From what I understand, it's better to do this with the
server down; otherwise the address book is open, for example, so it may
not get converted. The upgrade redbook has instructions for how to do this
in the W2K world, but not the iSeries (of course ;-( ). Anybody have any
experience with this?

Thanks very much!

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on Thursday,
May 26, 2005 at 1:11 PM -0500 wrote:
>Mike,
>
>The upgrade process can be straightfoward, but I highly recommend copying
>all of your data to a test server
>and perform and document the pgrade than have someone QA it.
>
>There are too many modifications from 5.08 to 6.5.4 to cover here on this
>forum.
>
>You will need to upgrade LEI and I suggest you test the upgrade.
>decsadmin.nsf is the current database
>for LEI. Rob is correct about copying and pasting the docs into the
>decsadmin.nsf database.
>
>Sean

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst