All:

Domino development server: 5.0.8. My client: 6.5.4 Production server:
6.5.3

I have created an agent that selects a view in a database, then exports
all of the documents to a text file. After the file has been created, I
mail that text file to a list of users. On my Notes client, I can run this
and it creates a file that is readable. However, when I move the agent to
the server, I get a "syntax error" on the 400 and the file is unreadable.
I have included a section of the agent to help with troubleshooting. I
would appreciate any ideas as to why I can't get either a readable file or
a file at all. I think that I must be naive that if it can be created on
XP, it *should* also be created on the 400. But I must be wrong. :-)

Thanks.

Gregg

?Here is where I determine the Platform to set the path correctly
        If Session.Platform = "OS/400" Then
                dirpath$ = session.getenvironmentstring("Directory", True)
& "/"
        Else
                dirpath$ = session.getenvironmentstring("Directory", True)
& "\"
        End If
        Call agentLog.LogAction("Path = " & dirpath$)
'get the current view's name and replace all backslashes with a hyphen
        currentprocess = "getting the view name and replacing backslashes
with hyphens"
        viewname = view.Name
        slashpos = Instr(viewname, "\")
        If slashpos > 0 Then
                Do While slashpos > 0
                        Mid(viewname, slashpos) = "-"
                        slashpos = Instr(viewname, "\")
                Loop
        End If

'Get All the documents in the view
        Set vc = view.AllEntries

'check that documents have been selected at all
        If vc.count = 0 Then
                Print "No documents were found in view " & view.Name
                Exit Sub
        End If

?Here is where I create the text file to write data to
'if documents have been selected create text file
        currentprocess = "creating a text file for output"
        filenum = Freefile()
        filename = dirpath$ & filename
        Print filename
?If I use this line on AS/400 I get a syntax error in the Agent Log  and
none of the prior Agent Log statements execute, but it works on XP desktop
        'Open Filename For Output As filenum Charset = "ascii"
?If I use this line it works on both platforms but on AS/400 I get an
unreadable text file
        Open filename For Output As filenum