It's always difficult to give accurate numbers. Lotus has stated that ND6
should perform more efficiently than R5.

As far as setting up 6.5.1, if you are installing it from a CD you will be
looking at roughly 600 MB for the QDOMINO651 library. On my system with
6.5.2, the library is 603MB and for 6.5.3 it's 653MB. If you are going to
be downloading the kit from passport and uploading the save files to the
iseries you will need to allocate about 1GB for the save files until you
load the program. I'm not certain as to how much space will be used in the
IFS. There is a ProdData folder in QIBM that will have your install files.
I would think that there would be enough difference in those file sizes to
make up for the 400 MB difference between the library and the save files.
The PTFs shouldn't take up too much space.

I believe the v5r3 Memo To Users should probably list the amount of space
needed for the upgrade. I know that when we upgraded from v5r2 to v5r3
that we had to do a special IPL to allocate more space for the licensed
programs (this is something that will be mandatory). So it must be
somewhat significant...

I would say that you may want to look into some more DASD (don't rule out
the used hardware market either...especially on a 170).

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6/6.5
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
02/07/2005 02:06:11 PM: