I have an update for everyone considering an upgrade to v5r3. In a
nutshell, we have a Domino server at v5r2 and another non-Domino
production server at v5r3 (we upgraded it from v5r2 this past weekend).
After the upgrade of the production server to v5r3 our SQL code running
from the Domino box to the production box began failing.

Actually, it was running correctly but it was not returning all the data.
According to APAR SE16786, "The SQLCA was changed at R530. Some clients
may read the change to report SQL0100 - Row not Found when the row is
really returned to the client." What we experienced was that the client
(Domino) was receiving x-1 rows. If we were supposed to get 9 records we
got 8. If 1, then we got zero.

The solution to this APAR was a TEST PTF from IBM - SI15099. After ending
some server jobs and applying that fix, our code began to run normally
again.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 | 803.326.6142 fax

domino400-bounces+chris.whisonant=comporium.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on
10/25/2004 02:33:23 PM: