Of course there is always more than one way (iSeries Navigator?), but this
should suffice:
CPY  OBJ('/qibm/proddata/LOTUS/DOMINO652/DATA/*.ntf')
TODIR('/notes/data/') REPLACE(*YES) OWNER(*KEEP)

Note that the folder structure in my OBJ keyword may be slightly different
since between your version and mine (6.5.2); IBM now allows multiple
versions to be installed at the same time for different partitions and
have changed some of the folder structures. I also have a
'/qibm/proddata/LOTUS/NOTES' that looks identical to
'/qibm/proddata/LOTUS/DOMINO652'. I wonder if I can delete the old "NOTES"
version? (anyone? anyone?) I though I specified "remove old version"
during the upgrade. I have the following LICPGM currently installed:
5733LST   *INSTALLED   Lotus Sametime for iSeries
5733L65    *BASE   Lotus Domino 6.5 for iSeries
5733L65    12      Lotus Domino 6.5 for iSeries: Release 6.5.2

Be sure the Domino server is ended, although it will probably work if no
one has a template open ("show opendatabase" console command) and you
don't do it around 1-2 am when the "design" or other tasks are running.
Just shut it down; I don't want any "bad system admin" e-mails.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Notice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This does not apply to you at your release, but anyone who sees this and
tries it with 6.5.x, make sure none of the templates you are replacing are
SINGLE COPY TEMPLATES that have any databases based on them. If you do,
your databases may become un-fixable and you will be screwed and have to
delete them (you might be able to copy and paste some data first). There
is a reason Domino won't replace any SCT itself-- heed the warnings and be
careful with your SCT templates!!! Use the "All" file view in the 6.5.x
admin client when looking for templates to catch the ones in
sub-directories. I would hope that IBM would update FIXUP or COMPACT to
help rectify this situation.
====================================
Tom Kreimer
Information Alternatives

Tom,

This could be the option.  I am not able to use another server to copy
template files from, the other server is 6.0.3 that will be upgraded later

today.  I have only installed about 6 iSeries systems and am not as
familiar with the copy command as I should.  Can I specify the wild card
character to perform the copy from the ProdData?

Thanks,
Rich

Tom Kreimer <tkreimer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
09/29/2004 07:56 PM

You might be thinking of the Replace Configuration option (RPLCFG
*YES/*NO) that only appears on the CFGDOMSVR command when you specify the
*FIRST option.
The help on this option says:
"Specifies whether the existing Domino server configuration files in the
directory that is specified in the Data directory (DTADIR) parameter
should be erased and replaced with the new ones."

I have not used the option, so I don't know for sure if *NO will replace
the templates, but it might.

Otherwise, could you not just copy the templates from a fresh server?

Tom
====================================
Tom Kreimer
Information Alternatives

Rich.Frye@xxxxxxxxx

   I have just created a second Domino server for use as a backup/de
velopment server for a customer's primary production box.  I know that
there is a way to force the re-installation of templates from the
ProdData or the UserData under QIMB to the server's data directory,
but cannot remember remember what I need to do.
   Thanks,
   Rich