Michael,

We have had this happen a couple of time (Domino R6.5 on v5r2) with the
following results...

1) Try to end the Domino server with the ENDDOMSVR command, if that fails,
2) Attempt to end the Domino server with the ENDDOMSVR command and specify
the OPTION(*IMMED) option, if that fails,
3) Attempt to end the subsystem running Domino with the ENDSBS command, if
that fails,
4) Attempt to end the subsystem running Domino with the ENDSBS command and
specify the OPTION(*IMMED) option.

On occasion, if these 4 options do not properly shut down the Domino
server, you may need to IPL the system.  We spent a good bit of time with
an IBM support tech trying to figure out why it would hang up so bad that
we could not even end the subsystem.  BTW, if you cannot end the
subsystem, you will most likely not be able to power down the system
controlled, but instead need to execute a PWRDWNSYS OPTION(*IMMED).

I know this may sound a bit extreme, but it only reflects our experience.

Good Luck.

Thank you,

Keith Blazek
MIS Coordinator