Trend Micro's Scan Mail for Lotus Notes.

I noticed "08/09/2004 15:04:59   Unable to save pattern file to user's
system." in my log.nsf about one of the times that PUPDATE runs.

I then used iSeries Navigator to look at my lpt*.* files sorted by date.  I
have lptvpn.953, which is current.  (I know, we need the newer version of
ScanMail.  We have it on several other Domino servers.)

Why would I have received the message 'Unable to save pattern file to
user's system'?

Another thing to consider.  My iSeries Navigator says that the date changed
is 8/10/2004 at 7:05am.  I assume that is when it was downloaded.  (Date
created was 8/5/2004 at 3:00am.  Sure could have used this pattern file
earlier.  Makes me wonder why the 4-5 day delay?)

I have PUPDATE running at:
03:00AM
07:00AM
11:00AM
03:00PM
07:00PM
11:00PM
08/09/2004 15:04:59   Unable to save pattern file to user's system.
08/09/2004 19:00:20   Running Program document for 'PUPDATE load -debug'
08/09/2004 19:01:14   Unable to register with host.
08/09/2004 23:00:24   Running Program document for 'PUPDATE load -debug'
08/09/2004 23:00:27   Unable to register with host.
08/10/2004 07:05:32   ScanMail has successfully downloaded pattern file
lpt$vpn.953

Doesn't look like a configuration change on my end.  Could it be that their
server was just too busy?  Or will all these irritations dissolve with the
latest version of Trend?

Last minute thought...  about that "-debug" option...
I suppose the next time I get one of those errors I could check the file
smlog/pattdnld.dbg, eh?  Like I got time to monitor that.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108