Mike, what domino version are you running? I heard that the fix you speak
of is for domino versions prior to R6. The reason I say that is because  I
spoke with TM support this morning and referenced a case ID (pupdate
causing an R5.0.12 server to crash) asking if their hot-fix for that case
ID would correct my problem (pupdate crashes my server too - not always
but usually twice a day and we schedule pupdate to run every hour on the
hour). They requested that I email my notes.ini, log.nsf & smconf.nsf to
them since they would not suggest applying that hotfix to my R6.5.1
installation, until they've escalated my case and have their enginneers
review my installation/config data. I'm awaiting their response.

Regarding attachment blocking in SM, I was told by an IBM BP consultant
(who uses domino R6.5 & SM 2.6) that attachment blocking in SM 2.6 will
NOT work unlessl eManager (a separately licensed  component of SM) is
installed. But the eManager component of SM for AS/400 isn't available
yet. That seems to be the case as when I did my install last Saturday I
did enter the attachment blocking parms (including .zip) and tried to
email with an attached zip file - and the email and attached zipfile did
get through. Soooo, in the meantime I'm doing my attachment blocking via
domino server email rules.

Regards, Jerry

Gerald Kern
IBM Certified AS/400 RPG IV Developer & RPG IV Programmer
MIS Project Leader, Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator
The Toledo Clinic, Inc.
4235 Secor Road
Toledo, OH 43623-4299
Phone 419-479-5535