Sheepishly I admit that I did this at one time.  I think I ended up
creating a new domino server and moving the rest of the data over. Luckily
it was a development partition.  For the most part it worked.  Since
Domino uses it's own ports.  It's when you start doing a host of things
that port compete that you start running into problems.  Like http.  All
of the documentation that I can find about 'binding to a specific ip
address' seems to be R5.

Chapter 4 of the following will help you set up a new IP address
http://www-12.lotus.com/ldd/doc/AS400/6.0.1/i400help.nsf

Then you'll also see the lines like the following in your notes.ini:
TCPIP_TcpIpAddress=0,10.10.1.130:1352
ServerName=GDISYS01/DEKKO
MailServer=CN=GDISYS01/O=DEKKO

Then there's the server documents, etc in your NOTES.INI.

Then there's the users that connect to that server.

Here's a radical idea.  Leave the old server there temporarily.  Create a
new one.  (You do have the ability to 'partition' domino servers, eh?  I
forget what the licensing requirements are.)  Cluster these two servers.
Replicate the data over.  Drop the original server.  See if everyone is
fat and happy.  Run that way for a week with the original server down.  No
data missing?  Then delete the original server.

Trust me, clustering is one smooth mother.  It's so smooth we test our
failover on a daily basis.  We drop over to our backup servers at night
for backup.  And we drop our backup servers once a week, during prime time
for their backup.  It's like having Mimix built in with almost no setup.
That alone was enough to have management buy a separate iseries for
hotswap.  By God we have a hot machine for your email and other Domino
based applications, but if your ERP or payroll drop - you're toast.

To make sure that we didn't miss any databases to replicate over we
purchased some software from
http://www.akornn.com/web/newhome.nsf/main/software

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Nathan Simpson" <nathan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/10/2004 10:39 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Moving a Domino server to its own IP address

Hi,

We have a Domino server on our AS/400. Both the AS/400 and the Domino
server share the same IP address. And hostname.

How could I move the Domino server to its own IP address? I am guessing
that having the same hostname will cause some problems. Any ideas on what
I could do and the best way to go about it?

Running 6.5.1 IF1 on an 820

Thanks

Nathan Simpson
Australian Wool Handlers