I've never used the connector before so I don't have any personal
experience with it.  I've read the same as you, that it's purpose is
temporary during migration periods.  No idea whether it could be used long
term in a production environment.

If your goal is a common address book, as Rob mentioned there's LDAP as an
option.  Also if you're an Active Directory shop, there's an AD integrator
that comes with Domino.

Bob

             DNieswiadomy@xxxx
             ivingston.ny.us
             domino400-bounces         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             @midrange.com             <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             01/22/2004 03:04                                       Fax to
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Notes and Exchange Connector
             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

The state agency requires them to have the exchange server & outlook client
(the State has developed a lot of systems with outlook / exchange).  This
is just a way for us to tie their agency closer to our entire county - to
use a 'single address book' - allow for users on exhange to mail via
internal connections (not internet based), etc.

Dale Nieswiadomy

Livingston County Information & Technology Services
(585) 243-7113

dnieswiadomy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

             Robert Laing
             <rlaing@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             domino400-bounces         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             @midrange.com                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/22/2004 02:53          Re: Notes and Exchange Connector
             PM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

Keep in mind that Outlook is the client and Exchange is the server.  Would
migrating from Exchange to Domino yet keeping the clients as Outlook be a
possible solution ?  There are a couple options for connecting Outlook to a
Domino server.  If keeping Exchange is a requirement but switching clients
is an option, then using the Notes client to POP into the Exchange server
would be an option.  From my research, there is no way to connect a Notes
client or iNotes directly to an Exchange server.

Bob

             DNieswiadomy@xxxx
             ivingston.ny.us
             domino400-bounces         domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             +rlaing=gemko.com                                          cc
             @midrange.com
                                                                    Fax to

             01/22/2004 02:34                                      Subject
             PM                        Notes and Exchange Connector

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@midran
                  ge.com>

I have over 100 users on an Exchange platform right now - with no hope of
converting them to Notes as the Exchange is used by the State Agency they
work for.

I'm trying to figure out a way either tie them into our Notes 6 network or
possibly give them inotes?

Looking at all the documentation on the connector makes it appear like a
TEMPORARY solution - for 'coexistence' during a migration - which we won't
have.  PLUS is the stability of the connector in question?

Any recommendations on products or directions would help.

Thanks.