We are currently at about a 60/40 mix of Notes and iNotes, respectively. I
would definitely recommend using iNotes for the low-usage employees. It is
also much better on the cost of licensing. We don't have any problems, but
you will want to have a decently-sized box to handle the traffic and make
sure that all web browsers are at IE 5.01 or higher.

And, personally, I wouldn't say that it's the best idea to say that all
clients have to be the same. Depending on your environment this may not be
best. If you have a lot of applications running in Lotus then the web may
not be the solution because they will have to be rewritten. If you're just
looking at mail, then iNotes is a great solution that keeps getting
better.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 (W)
803.326.6142 (F)

DStrong@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/15/2004 02:14 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Inotes

Has anyone out there used the web client for all of their users?  Is there

 a reason to not do that, we are in a situation where about half of our
users only get small amounts of mail and sign on to many different
computers and I think this would be simpler than trying to use the roaming

feature of 6.x.  We have about 1000 users and only about 50 have been
upgraded from 4.7, again because so many share the same computers.  Right
now we store there id file, nab, desktop in a personal drive that roams
under Windows NT profiles.  The other issue is that the directive is that
all users have the same client on their machine, so all inotes or all
notes client.

Thanks
Doug

Doug Strong