Thanks for the tip.  I'm doing some testing now.  As the trace says, it's
the connection document.  I copied one and even though I changed the
server name, I failed to change the "optional network address".  If I
could only remember why I ever filled that in...  Most other connection
documents leave it blank.

> TRACE INTERNOTES02
Determining path to server INTERNOTES02
Available Ports:  TCPIP
Checking normal priority connection documents only...
Local network connection document found for INTERNOTES02/DEKKO
  Verifying address 'INTERNOTES' for INTERNOTES02/DEKKO on TCPIP
      Using address '10.10.1.141' for INTERNOTES02/DEKKO on TCPIP
    Connected to the wrong server INTERNOTES/DEKKO using address
10.10.1.141
      Using address 'INTERNOTES' for INTERNOTES02/DEKKO on TCPIP
    Requesting IP Address for INTERNOTES from DNS
    DNS returned address 10.10.1.141 for INTERNOTES

Benjamin Franklin

Scott.Jordan@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/02/2003 02:36 PM
Please respond to
Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: The server is not responding. The server may be down or you may be
experiencing network problems. Contact your system administrator if this
problem persists.

What do you get from "trace internotes02" on the console of the existing
server?

                    rob@xxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                   To: Domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                    domino400-bounces@mi       cc:
                    drange.com                 Subject:     The server is
not responding. The server may be down or you
                                                may be experiencing
network problems. Contact your system administrator
                                                if this problem persists.

                    12/02/2003 11:56 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Lotus Domino on the
                    iSeries / AS400

New server.

When I replicate from an existing server, GDISYS01, to a new server
INTERNOTES02 I am getting:
> REPLICATE INTERNOTES02 NAMES.NSF
12/02/2003 13:51:34   Unable to replicate with server INTERNOTES02: The
server is not responding. The server may be down or you may be
experiencing network problems. Contact your system administrator if this
problem persists.
>From the CALL QCMD I can PING INTERNOTES02
PING INTERNOTES02
Verifying connection to host system INTERNOTES02 at address 10.10.1.237.
PING reply 1 from 10.10.1.237 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
PING reply 2 from 10.10.1.237 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
PING reply 3 from 10.10.1.237 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
PING reply 4 from 10.10.1.237 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
PING reply 5 from 10.10.1.237 took 0 ms. 256 bytes. TTL 64.
Round-trip (in milliseconds) min/avg/max = 0/0/0.
Connection verification statistics: 5 of 5 successful (100 %).

However, if I try to come from the new server, INTERNOTES02, to the old
server, GDISYS01 with
REPLICATE gdisys01 names.nsf
12/02/2003 13:54:19   Database Replicator started
12/02/2003 13:54:19   Replicator is set to Ignore Database Quotas
12/02/2003 13:54:19   Starting replication with server GDISYS01/DEKKO
12/02/2003 13:54:20   Finished replication with server GDISYS01/DEKKO
12/02/2003 13:54:20   Database Replicator shutdown

Benjamin Franklin