What about the multi-versioning that's supposed to be available with 6.5 ?
Running 6.5 & 6.0.2 concurrently on the same iSeries hardware with the 6.5
server for mail & apps and the 6.0.2 server for Sametime.  Is this just
dreaming or would that be a possible solution once 6.5 is released ?

Bob

http://webevents.broadcast.com/wsp/build_04/english/frameset.asp?nEventID=7351

> I see the following in the questions section:
>
> Question:
> can i install domino 6.5 and sametime on the same server
> Answer:
> SameTime 3.1 runs on a Domino 6.02 server....... the next version of
> SameTime will support Domino 6.5.1 server Q1/04
>
> I am running an iSeries currently with Sametime. I purchase expensive IBM

> servers, expensive IBM/Lotus software, pay expensive support to IBM,
> etc... and now I'm told that I cannot take advantage of the "Integrated"
> server and software that I have purchased. The iSeries is a huge cash cow

> for IBM.
>
> I know that development is tough especially with multiple product lines
> involved. But the iSeries always seems left behind. We're generally two
> weeks later with releases and now I am going to have to wait at least 4-6

> months to move to 6.5.
>
> I would really love to move forward with the integrated features of
> Sametime and Notes but I will not be able to do so because I currently
> have Sametime and Domino integrated on my iSeries. I guess I could buy
> more hardware, Domino server licenses and support for a dedicated
Sametime