Domino Fax for iSeries is still shipping and supported by iSeries support
line.

Domino Fax, the Lotus Brand Product is no longer shipping.

The iSeries brand continued support of this product at the request of our
customer base.

The product has been updated to support Domino 6.

The product is also scheduled to be updated to support the next Generation
of iSeries hardware.

Walter Scanlan
Advisory Software Engineer
Domino For iSeries Team Leader
Internet  WSCANLAN@xxxxxxxxxx
CLP R4, R5 and Domino 6
Phone507-286-6088
Fax  1-845-491-2854
www-3.ibm.com/software/lotus/support/

|         |           sjones@xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           et                 |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           domino400-bounces@x|
|         |           idrange.com        |
|         |           03/05/2003 08:05 AM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           Lotus Domino on the|
|         |           iSeries / AS400    |

<domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

  |       cc:
                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: Domino Fax

Rob:

Yeah they really are confusing people on the issue of fax is supported/not
supported.  I saw on IBM's website a chart saying that it is supported and
if using Notes6 to download an upgrade, but you have to have V4R4 of Domino
Fax for the upgrade to work.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Steve Jones

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             domino400-bounces                                          To
             +sjones=hpproduct         Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400
             s.net@xxxxxxxxxxx         <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             m                                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/05/2003 08:54          Re: Domino Fax
             AM

             Please respond to
              Lotus Domino on
               the iSeries /
                   AS400
             <domino400@xxxxxx
                  ge.com>

Not true!

They dropped Lotus Fax for Domino.  But Domino Fax for iSeries is still
going strong.  I had support dialed into my machine yesterday working on
it.

The following product is going strong:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/related/fxd/

IBM has added numerous cards to the iSeries lately to help support Domino
Fax for iSeries, and, Facsimile Support/400.  They also support a modem
from Multitech to handle DID lines.  We have a couple of lines configured
with this new modem to support inbound faxing.  For outbound faxing we use
the 2805 card.

And yes, we do have a copy of the old Lotus Fax for Domino running on one
PC.

Did you also know that IBM dropped the AS/400?

They have a new product out now.  Called the iSeries.  Can you see how
saying the above sentence without this follow on could cause confusion?

Benjamin Franklin

Robert E Terry <rterry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: domino400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/04/2003 08:04 PM
Please respond to Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400