I think the 'official' way to start LEI activities, like you are trying to
do, is via the program LEIACT.
It is important that you do not do multiple calls to LEIACT at the same
time.  What I do is use a data queue.  You want to start an activity?  You
put the activity name on the data queue.

Here is a sample RPGLE program:

      /DEFINE HSpec
      /COPY ROUTINES/QRPGLESRC,HSPEC
      /UNDEFINE HSpec

      * Program: EXCLEIACT.  This program reads a data queue to determine
    *
      * which LEI activity to perform.      *
      *      *
      * Modification log:      *
      * 12/15/99 by R.Berendt, CCP    Group Dekko Services, LLC      *
      *          Created.      *
      *      *

      /DEFINE DSpec

     D leiact          PR                  EXTPGM('QNOTESLEI/LEIACT')
     D  activity                           CONST LIKE(DataRead)

     D ErrProc         PR
     D  ErrCode                            CONST like(ExceptionId)
     D  ErrData                            CONST like(ExceptData)

      /COPY ROUTINES/QRPGLESRC,SRVPGMCPY

     D DataQue         S             10A
     D DataQueLib      S             10A
     D DataLen         S              5P 0
     D DataRead        S            250A
     D WaitTime        S              5P 0
     D MsgLen          S              9B 0
     D LeiCmd          S                   LIKE(DataRead)
      /UNDEFINE DSpec

     C                   dow       ExceptionId=*blanks and
     C                             %subst(DataRead:1:DataLen)<>'*SHUTDOWN'

     C                   eval      ERRC0100P=ERRC0100
     C                   callp     qrcvdtaq('EXCLEIACT':'*LIBL':DataLen:
     C                                      DataRead:-1:
     C                                      ' ':0:'':0:'':'*YES':200:
     C                                      ERRC0100P
     C                                     )
     C                   eval      ERRC0100=ERRC0100P

     C                   if        ExceptionId=*blanks
     C                   if        %subst(DataRead:1:DataLen)<>'*SHUTDOWN'
     C                   eval      LeiCmd=*loval
     C                   eval      LeiCmd=(apostrophe +
     C %trim(%subst(DataRead:1:DataLen))+
     C                                    apostrophe)
     C                   eval      ERRC0100P=ERRC0100
     C                   callp     qmhsndpm(' ':' ':'Posting
'+%trim(LeiCmd):
     C                                      %len('Posting '
+%trim(LeiCmd)):
     C '*COMP':'*':0:MsgKey:ERRC0100P)
     C                   eval      ERRC0100=ERRC0100P
     C*                  callp     leiact(LeiCmd)
     C                   eval      cmd='CALL QNOTESLEI/LEIACT ' +
     C                                 'PARM(' +
     C                                 %trim(LeiCmd) +')'
     C                   callp     qcmdexc(cmd:%len(%trim(cmd)))
     C                   eval      ERRC0100P=ERRC0100
     C                   callp     qmhsndpm(' ':' ':'Posted
'+%trim(LeiCmd):
     C                                      %len('Posted '
+%trim(LeiCmd)):
     C '*COMP':'*':0:MsgKey:ERRC0100P)
     C                   eval      ERRC0100=ERRC0100P
     C                   EndIf
     C                   else
     C                   callp     ErrProc(ExceptionId:ExceptData)
     C                   EndIf

     C                   EndDo

     C                   seton                                        LR

      ******************************
      *****     PROCEDURES     *****
      ******************************

      /eject
     P     ErrProc     B
      ***** ErrProc - Procedure to handle errors from QRCVDTAQ call.  .)
      *             - Input:  7 A Error messaga id
      *                       ? A Error message data
     D ErrProc         PI
     D  ErrMsgId                           CONST like(ExceptionId)
     D  ErrMsgData                         CONST like(ExceptData)

     D RtvMErr         DS                  likeds(ERRC0100)

     C* Retreive the message description.
     C                   CLEAR                   RTVM0100
     C                   eval      RTM1BytesAvl=156
     C                   eval      RTM1LenMsgAvl=132
     C                   eval      RTM1LenHlpAvl=0
     C                   reset                   RtvMErr
     C                   callp     qmhrtvm(RTM1Msg:132:'RTVM0100':
     C                                     ErrMsgId:'QCPFMSG   *LIBL ':
     C                                     %trimr(ErrMsgData):
     C %len(%trimr(ErrMsgData)):'*YES':
     C                                     '*NO':RtvMErr)

     C* Send the message on.
     C                   eval      cmd='SNDMSGGRP GROUP(LEIACT) ' +
     C                                 'MSGTXT(' +
     C                                 apostrophe +
     C                                 'Error with LEI activity:  ' +
     C %trim(%subst(RTM1Msg:1:RTM1LenMsgRet)) +
     C                                 apostrophe + ')'
     C                   callp     qcmdexc(cmd:%len(%trim(cmd)))

     P     ErrProc     E

Benjamin Franklin

DSmith@dap.com
Sent by: domino400-admin@midrange.com