Hello,

Now I am moving on to a new area for me. The Domino server (5.0.8 on
AS400 V4R5M0) is setup as a web server with the default settings. If
you go to http://serverA from the local net you get the homepage.nsf
displayed. What I want to do is provide a replacement for the home
page in HTML that will be stored elsewhere in the IFS along with the
rest of the web site so users can easily update their pages. I want to
keep the ability to use http://serverA/mail/user.nsf to access their
email via web as well as use the homepage.nsf for internal checking.

I've found how to do redirects so that requests for
http://serverA/web/index.html loads from \webpages\public\ but when
Netscape (4.79) is used it reports an Error 404 while IE (5.5)
displays the page. The directory gives QNOTES read access.

If I change the web server document so the HTML directory is
\webpages\public\ do I have to change the icon directory and URL? I
would change the Home URL to /welcome.htm.

Do I have to setup a redirection for the serverA/mail/.... or does
Domino handle that as a special case?

Can I setup a redirection of /domino to domino so that
serverA/domino/homepage.nsf?Open will work as http://serverA/ worked
before?

What about the problem with Netscape?

Thanks.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
www.vicker.com ***