One thing about that database I dislike is that your email address is not
automatically appended.  So if someone needs to contact you offline it's
kind of tough.  For example I searched the archives, found a 3 year old hit
and need some clarification.  If the gals like me it may take her months to
notice that someone updated the post.

I used to lament the loss of BBS's when mailing lists became the norm.
However I think I am a convert.  Especially since the archives and FAQ here
aren't that bad.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    tomh@simas.com
                    Sent by:                 To:     domino400@midrange.com
                    domino400-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com               Fax to:
                                             Subject:     RE: Where are the
Lotus/IBM people?

                    11/01/2001 04:38
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    domino400

http://notes.net  select Iris Cafe.  There are hundreds of postings a week
made to that list. Most of the Lotus/Iris developers lurk there, some of
them even post from time to time.  Most of the questions that I've asked
have received less-than-direct types of responses, aiming to give guidance
rather than answering the question straight out (man that can be
frustrating).  I think that they'd rather you figure it out yourself,
which can be done if you're willing to search (and search, and search)
thru the archives and knowledgebase.  Just about everything you ever
wanted to know about Notes is on there, just need to be willing to spend
some time researching your issue.

But I much prefer the atmosphere on the midrange.com lists.

Tom Hightower
Solutions, Inc
http://www.simas.com
If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed... oh, wait
- he does.

"Fritz Hayes" <fhayes@spiritone.com>
Sent by: domino400-admin@midrange.com
11/01/01 02:46 PM