  • Subject: Re: Moved Domino to AS400 problems
  • From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:05:46 -0500

1)  Error on Listen Function.  The requested TCP/IP port is in use on this
system.
First, are you using SMTP on your 400 also or are you using Domino SMTP
only?  Check out:
http://doc.notes.net/domino_notes/5.0/as400/as400hlp.nsf/3936a3db7ee093638525664b005e3684/7e3e3dbe86bbd9478625673c0055c904?OpenDocument

2)  Also had another problem, my Notes sessions could find the server just
fine, but the other person here last night could not find the server from
his notes sessions.  Any ideas on this.
What is the name of your domino server?  And do you have this in your DNS
or in a host file on your PC?  Can the other person ping the server name?

Rob Berendt

==================
Remember the Cole!

                    DStrong@stpetes.or

                    g                         To:     domino400@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    owner-domino400@mi        Subject:     Moved Domino to
AS400 problems
                    drange.com

                    03/21/01 09:45 AM

                    Please respond to

                    DOMINO400

Hi,

Last night I tried to make the move from an NT server to the AS400 with my
domino server.  I copied all files from Data, plus my mail files, to my new
server on the 400.  I then transferred the IP address from my NT server to
the 400.  I am using DNS.  I then ran cfgdomsvr, and everything came up.
Then dropped the dom server.  Then ran chgdomsvr to add the smtp.  At this
point I get a message on the Domino console that says:

Error on Listen Function.  The requested TCP/IP port is in use on this
system.

I don't have a clue where to look to find what port is in use and where it
would be.

Also had another problem, my Notes sessions could find the server just
fine, but the other person here last night could not find the server from
his notes sessions.  Any ideas on this.

btw.
The reason I could not get this server running a while ago, seems to be a
mistake in the implementation guide for R5.  You have to copy all the files
from data to your new server on the 400.  Just bringing over server.id like
the book says won't do it.  I am sure no all the files need to be copied,
but I did not have time to figure out just which ones are needed.

Thanks
Doug

Doug Strong
Network Administrator