Good point - indeed you do not need the IBM HTTP server to serve up HTML,
but if you *do* want it they will coexist.
Mandy

"Mike Naughton" <mnaughton@juddwire.com> on 20/09/2000 13:49:35

Please respond to DOMINO400@midrange.com

To:   DOMINO400@midrange.com
cc:    (bcc: Mandy Shaw/Pacific/UK)
Subject:  Re: Domino for tha AS400 needs port 80

Hi Mary Jo,

I'm not clear on exactly what you're trying to do, but I can tell you
we're running a Domino server on our AS/400, and we use it to serve both
Domino-created web pages (our intranet) and plain-old HTML web pages (our
internet). I've also used it to play around with Net.Data, and it worked
fine for that, too (once I got the configuration file set up properly ;-).
I've also set up a separate HTTP server, using port 8080, for test
purposes -- my main reason for doing so was so I didn't have to bring down
the main server every time I wanted to test different things in the
configuration file.

HTH,

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Road
Turners Falls, MA  01376
413-863-4357 x444
mnaughton@juddwire.com

DOMINO400@midrange.com writes:
>We run Domino on our AS400, model 620.  When it was installed I had to
>shut
>down the HTTP server on the AS400 for Domino.  Is it still possible to
>serve
>web pages from the 400?  Is port 80 the only port that the 400 can use for
>HTTP?  Would a web page using net.data be able to be served by Domino? And
>would it have to be served from one of the Domino directories or could it
>be
>served from the root?  I have found information in IBM books about serving
>web pages from Domino and others on how to from the 400, but not how to do
>both on the same machine.  Could you recommend a book that explains how to
>do both?
>
>Another person in our department is the Domino Administrator and he is not
>very knowledgeable about the 400, while I don't know much about Domino.
>
>Thanks,
>Mary Jo Whitcomb
>Valley Regional Hospital
>Claremont, NH 03743
>whitcomb@vrh.org

+---
| This is the Domino/400 Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to DOMINO400@midrange.com.

      Regards,
      Mandy Shaw

      Catalyst Solutions plc
      Kingfisher House
      Frimley Business Park
      Camberley
      Surrey
      GU16 5SG
      UK

      http://www.catalyst-solutions.com
      Email: Mandy.Shaw@uk.catalyst-solutions.com

      Telephone: +44 (0)870 166 1000
      DDI: +44 870 166 1324
      Facsimile: +44 870 168 3920
      Mobile: +44 410 447966
      Email to mobile 'phone: mandyshaw@sms.genie.co.uk

Catalyst Solutions plc.  Registered No 2918101.
Registered @ Kingfisher House, Frimley Business Park, Frimley,
Surrey. GU16 5SG   U.K.

NOTICE:
This message is intended only for the named addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action
or place any reliance on it. If you have received this message in error
please notify postmaster@catalyst-solutions.com and delete the message
and any attachments accompanying it immediately.