Automated Computer Services currently has the following consulting position
for one of our clients located in Hatfield, PA

On-site

Duration: 6+ months

$$$ - tbd

Basic Function

1. Provide advanced programming for the user community to the MAPICS
ERP system and other web-based applications using RPG language.
2. Assist in the installation and implementation of Version 9 MAPICS
3. Interface MAPICS version 9 to Web based sales order applications
using .net technology

Essential Duties and Responsibilities

*Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential
duties and responsibilities in this position description are also
requirements of this position.

1. Assist with the installation and implementation of a MAPICS in a
European manufacturing facility.

2. Design systems in support of user requirements that integrate into
our ERP (MAPICS) system environment.

3. Analyze user requests for system modifications and determine the
best way of accomplishing the request with no package source code
modifications.

4. Ensure that programs and systems created use system resources
efficiently.

5. Manage complete life cycle of projects and programs.

6. Document all recommendations, test runs, and final results in a
concise manner.

7. Use project management techniques to ensure delivery of projects by
the scheduled project completion date.

8. Review existing systems and refine to increase efficiency and reduce
operation time and expense.

9. Other duties as assigned.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Be able to
interact with all levels of management and staff.

. Experience with the installation, operation and ongoing maintenance
of MAPICS version 9

. Working knowledge of networking concepts.

. Experience with Microsoft desktop applications and systems.

. Ability to participate and lead department and/or company
continuous improvement process teams.

. Ability to get along with others in a team environment.

. Ability to follow all safety procedures.

Education and Experience

. Associates degree in Information Technology or related area
required; BS degree preferred.

. 2-5 years of computer programming experience on an AS/400 platform
preferred.

. Experience with MAPICS ERP application. RPG, .net, SQL and XML
experience required, AS/400 operations experience a plus.

. Experience working in a manufacturing industry a plus.

Sincerely,

Gary W. Brown

Gary W. Brown

Executive Vice President