Doug, I have  no idea

But when it says US is #1 then my question is Why and what is driving it? * Corporate America and it need for greater profits at any and all costs to US labor forces. * or is it individual shoppers in need for lower prices?? That was and is my question.

Behavior of one can drive the other. Do you agree?

For many years I was a strong supporter of purchasing US made Vehicles, which seemed to be in the dealers sop or local repair station more often then we got to use it.

I bought my first Japanese manufacture red car and it ran flawlessly for 5 years with nothing but normal maintenance. So I bought another, and remain happy. Came time to replace our second car which after several years of being on the Frequent dealer repair program seemed to stabilize for about 4 years. We replace it with a Korean car.

We were not comparing purchase cost but interested in the reliability of these non American made vehicles. Compare that to code or systems that frequently breakdown or fail.

I would like to support the American Automobile industry but they are not delivering any of the above, except as words in advertising for many years now.