In the current environment there are a number of staffing firms that modify professional-profiles/resumes/CV so seriously that the profile is a fraud. Many contracts and disclaimers I have read say the staffing agent is not responsible for the truthfulness of what they submit thus making the liar the person they are submitting when they modify what is submitted. Your letter needs to require your resume to be submitted as you provided it or provided based on their suggestions for changes. A "resume" is submitted for two-party employment; a professional-profile is submitted if it isn't two-party employment. If a staffing firm refer to what they submit to a company desiring to utilize you as a resume, the staffing firm is declaring that they will not be one of the or the employer of you.

JM Solutions wrote:

The best way to deal with the staffing vendors is to make them work for you.
Below is a letter I send ALL staffing  vendors that contact me. Otherwise,
I continue to market and sell myself as a professional and reap the rewards.
Its no secrete to market and advertise yourself, just do the same as other
professional such as your local roofer contractor, electrician, mechanic,
lawn maintenance, lawyers...

Note: By dealing direct with the client you are establishing a client list
of connections and
a long lasting relationship for now and in the future. DONT give this up to
a staffing vendor
who in reality is your competitor! i.e. they would love to have your client
list of connections
to solicit the job market away from you and into their hands.

The best way to deal with the staffing vendors is to make them work for you:

"I am looking for a firm to market me to end
users. I am only sending my resume to firms that
disclose the billing rate. Do you tell the contract
employees who are performing the work what you are
billing the client for their consulting services?
If you do then let me explain in detail what I am
looking for.

I am looking for a marketing agent who will set
up interviews for me with end users. I am willing
to pay no more than 10% of the ongoing billing
rate for a successful interview. I will either
negotiate a direct contract with the end user or, if
necessary, I will use a separate employer of
record. Are you willing to market and work for me
for no more than 10% of the billing rate?

If you would like to work for me as a marketing and
talent agent then please read and sign the
"The Contract Worker's Bill of Rights"

Good Luck!

JoeM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank W Kany IV" <fkany@xxxxxxxxxxx>