Used to work for a consultant.  One client wanted documentation in the
tenth of an hour.  Quite a few of these little six minute chunks were
labeled something like documenting time.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

                    <gary@online-strate
                    gies.com>                 To:     <consult400@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    consult400-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com                Subject:     RE: [Consult400]
Customer's Paperwork Question

                    02/05/2002 11:16 PM
                    Please respond to
                    consult400

As every client and every situation differs, I believe it's all relative.
In my experiences documentation is a must.  If not for justifying your
expense, but also for future reference and support management.  Again,
there
is of course a point at which the bottom line comes into play.  How much
time to spend on documentation and billing versus hourly rate/project fee.
Find the correct ratio, and you will make money, your client will be happy
and your project will be a success!

Gary Feinstein
Sr. Strategy Partner
Online Strategies Corp.