Richard,

I don't mind providing them detail to justify my rates either, that is
why every task is listed on my invoices. Even if they don't ask I
still include the detail for at least my records to be able to check
when I did that upgrade or added this user. Even for my cash
customers that I only do a quick hour's worth and give them a hand
written invoice I still list the tasks. It is just that I have some
companies wanting the same detail from all their
consultants/contractors at the end of each day/week. Pretty much a
duplication of effort. Biggest hassle is there regardless - tracking
time per task while jumping back and forth as
calls/responses/interuptions happen. Since this has hit more
than one company and all their outsiders I was wondering what common
source kicked in.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
www.vicker.com ***