  • Subject: Re: Finding Strings starting with blanks in Code
  • From: Jeff@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:08:20 -0400

If you press the Options button on the Find window, you can search within
specific columns.  In your case I guess you would want to search only in
columns 19-20.

Jeff Morrill

                    "Dwight HoganCamp"

                    <Dhogancamp@Ruger.        To:     <CODE400-L@midrange.com>

                    com>                      cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: Finding Strings
starting with blanks in Code
                    owner-code400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    06/20/01 03:38 PM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

I tried both the double and single quote. What I am finding right now is
that if I want to find a character string other than blanks, I can enter
the
string and it finds it.

Right now I am trying to insert prefixes in front of fields names in DDS. I
need to specify the blank because I want to insert it at Position 19. The
character string in 19 & 20 where I am inserting may be repeated in the
field and some attempts I have made have inserted the prefix two or three
times in the name which is undesirable.

I know there are no blanks in the name so if I scan for <space>PC it will
get the beginning of the field name.

I have tried both single and double quotes around it like we used to do in
SEU, and I have tried <space> PC like someone suggested, and I tried just
typing in a space. I had the same result each time "string - not found".

Thanks for any input you may have

Dwight @ Ruger