From: COBOL400-L [mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher Washa
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 4:09 PM
To: cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [COBOL400-L] True North

I was referred to your website by John Brandt (iStudio400.com). I am a recruiter who is looking for a Cobol/RPG/iSeries programmer for a customer here in San Antonio. Our customer is looking for a candidate who has worked with DBS (Dealer Business Systems). The position will pay in the range of 95-110K.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I can find someone with this experience. I am looking for different User Groups, Forums, Chats, etc. to brainstorm or network with these types of resources.

Thank you for any help.

PROGRAMMER/ANALYST- ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST

SUMMARY:
We have a challenging opportunity for a Programmer/Analyst in San Antonio, TX. This position is responsible for participating in and executing all tasks throughout the application development lifecycle including project planning, analysis, technical design, development, testing, implementation and documentation for small to complex business projects.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis:
* Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values
* Collaboration with key internal/external resources
* Ongoing self-development.
* Work with internal and external customers to develop systems design for proposed systems and enhancements through coding, testing, and documenting.
* Support internal & external customers by troubleshooting & resolving business application defects.
* Make modifications to existing programs and procedures.
* Assist 3rd-party business vendors with installation, configuration, testing & deployment activities.
* Suggest potential improvements to process and techniques used that will result in improved quality and/or responsiveness for business users.
* Support internal and external customers' requests for reporting and data mining needs.

REQUIRED SKILLS:
* 8-10 years of relevant IT work experience.
* Experience with programming languages COBOL, RPG III, IV, /Free, CL.
* Experience with iSeries/AS400, ODBC, DB2/400, MS-SQL, Help Systems products (i.e. ROBOT, SEQUEL)
* Preferred knowledge of DBS, Dealer Business Systems on iSeries.
* Strong sense of urgency and customer service minded.
* High level of initiative with ability to self-manage.
* High level of professionalism.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Requires solid communication skills to convey both technical and non-technical concepts to a wide audience.
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with contractors, customers, software vendors, and internal departments.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study preferred.

Chris Washa<http://www.truenorth-us.com/chris-washa>
Executive Search Consultant
True North Recruiting<http://www.truenorth-us.com/> | Invite me on Linked In<http://www.linkedin.com/in/chriswasha>| Follow Me on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/trewtalentwasha> | Follow on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/True-North-Recruiting-LLC/263804020330062>
Locate True North<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=True+North+Recruiting,+San+Antonio,+TX&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=61.711173,144.492188&z=12%20%20> |Office 210.571.1359<tel:210.798.5888%2C%20ext.%20105> | Mobile: 210.535.3210<tel:210.535.3210> | Fax: 210.798.4355<tel:210.798.4355>