From: COBOL400-L [mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf  Of Rich Loeber
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:27 PM
To: COBOL Programming on the iSeries/AS400
Subject: [COBOL400-L] CPF5009/5026?

    I have a CBLLE program that is creating a file with a 5 part unique key.
    In the program, I have the file set as:

            organization is indexed
            access is random
            record key is externally-described-key.

    The file is cleared before starting and is opened as an output file.
    There is a single write statement to the file with a check for a duplicate
    key.  I have absolutely confirmed that there is no way that a record with
    a duplicate key is getting generated, but after writing the last record to
    the file, it is leaving a CPF5009/CPF5026 in the joblog.  The job goes on
    to the next step and produces the right output, but I'm trying to get it
    to stop issuing the error codes.  The file is set to reuse deleted
    records, but I've tried it by removing that setting and it still throws
    the error codes.

    Any ideas?

    I'm running IBM's 6.1 version of the OS and am current on PTFs.

    Rich Loeber - @richloeber
    Kisco Information Systems
    [1]http://www.kisco.com