From: cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vries, Frans de
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 9:36 AM
To: 'COBOL Programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)'
Subject: Re: [COBOL400-L] XML using COBOL(RPG)?

Hi There,

Yes, there is... in ILE Cobol there are two statements, one for generating and one for parsing:

Xml generate xmlPO from purchaseOrder count in numChars

XML PARSE FILE-STREAM xml-id PROCESSING PROCEDURE xml-handler
ON EXCEPTION
display 'XML document error ' XML-CODE
NOT ON EXCEPTION
display 'XML document successfully parsed'
END-XML.

See for more info and details :

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/index.jsp

Met vriendelijke groet,

Frans de Vries.
F. de Vries | Detailresult Groep N.V. | Leeghwaterweg 11 - 1951 NA  Velsen-Noord | Postbus 86 - 1940 AB  Beverwijk Bedrijfsondersteunende systemen & Rapportage | Detailresult ICT | tel: +31 (0)251-279220 | www.Dirk.nl I www.Dekamarkt.nl I www.Detailresult.nl I e-mail: fdvries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx