From your statement, an elementary item may be 2,3, or 9 levels down.

In Cobol/400, CORR only seems to look ONE level down. It fails to keep searching for "elementary items", which I would take to be the level with a PIC definition.

Maybe that is the COBOL standard, not sure. It would be great I would think if there was an option to keep looking downwards in groups for each elementary item.

-----Original Message-----
From: cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:16 PM
To: cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [COBOL400-L] move CORR fields to grab

Joel,

The CORR (or corresponding) phrase is only intended to work with
elementary items of the groups specified. So no, there is no way to see
fields beyond the first level down.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International
www.TheWay.org
419 753-1222

cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/06/2013 01:00:09 PM:

----- Message from "Stone, Joel" <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx> on Tue, 5
Feb 2013 19:36:54 +0000 -----

"'COBOL Programming on the iSeries/AS400'" <cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

[COBOL400-L] move CORR fields to grab

Is it possible to have the "move CORR " see fields more than just
one level down?

For example, two levels down?

Thanks