Sounds like you're saying that if you read a record with key "A" and
another person reads a record with key "B", the second person locks up.  Is
that correct?

Scott

             "Garcia, Luis"
             <lgarcia@panameri
             canlife.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "'COBOL Programming on the
             cobol400-l-bounce         iSeries/AS400'"
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <cobol400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/22/2006 09:59                                      Subject
             AM                        [COBOL400-L] Locking records on
                                       Cobol

             Please respond to
             COBOL Programming
                  on the
               iSeries/AS400
             <cobol400-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Hi everyone, I'm having a rough time with a program.  The program is used
for a lot a people and every time someone tries to change data, the program
freezes anyone who tries to access another record.

Can anybody tell me what steps I should take to correct this problem.

Thanks very much for all the help

Luis