From: cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cobol400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Scott
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 9:43 PM
To: 'COBOL Programming on the iSeries/AS400'
Cc: 'Richard Casey'
Subject: RE: [COBOL400-L] Convert into source

Agus,

One solution would be to

1) go ahead and add field to the file
2) create a logical file referencing the changed file without the new field.

3) Rename the old program object xxxxxOLD, where xxxxx is the name of the
program without source code
4) Create a CL program xxxxx that has the same input parameters and then
issues override db file to new logical, calls xxxxxOLD, then removes
override.

This way the old program will continue to function as it did without the new
field.

Just a thought...

David