     - Is there any standard specification for copybook
     which I can reference. Searching on google only
     yielded examples of copybooks rather than the spec
     itself.

     Any links would be appreciated !

   Here's the verbiage from the COBOL Reference regarding ILE COBOL standards
   compliance:
   ILE COBOL is designed to support Standard COBOL. Standard COBOL refers to
   the COBOL programming language as defined in the document entitled
   American
   National Standard for Information Systems - Programming Language - COBOL,
   ANSI X3.23-1985, ISO 1989:1985, updated with the content of the following
   documents, in the order they are listed:
   v ANSI X3.23a-1989, American National Standard for Information Systems -
   Programming Language - Intrinsic Function Module for COBOL and ISO
   1989:1985/ Amd.1:1992
   About this Reference xxv
   v Programming Languages - COBOL, AMENDMENT 1: Intrinsic function module
   v ANSI X3.23b-1993, American National Standard for Information Systems -
   Programming Language - Correction Amendment for COBOL
   v ISO/IEC 1989 DAM2 Programming Languages - COBOL, AMENDMENT 2:
   Correction and clarification amendment for COBOL.
   v FIPS Publication 21-4, Federal Information Processing Standard 21-4,
   COBOL

   Here's the link to the V5R2 IBM Information Center:
   http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm

   or for V5R3:

   http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm

   On the left-hand frame, select 'Programming', then 'COBOL' (V5R3 adds
   another layer of 'Languages' between Programming and COBOL.

   This will give you links to all IBM's manuals regarding COBOL on OS/400
   (or i5/OS, if you prefer).