We have a COBOL program that uses the QSPCRTSP API to create a duplicate spooled file. This program was in use until 1998. Now it aborts on the QSPCRTSP API. The abort message is:

ERROR IN ROUTINE: QSPCRTSP
EXCEPTION ID: CPF33E0

According to the documentation on the iSeries web site http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/apis/alpha.htm

this error message represents: incomplete set of attributes provided.

The number of attributes provide by the Cobol program is 198. The length of the attributes area is set at 3446. The program successfully executes the QSPOPNSP (open spooled file), QUSRSPLA (retrieve spooled file attributes), QUSCRTUS (create user spaces), QSPGETSP (get spooled file data) and QSPCLOSP (close spooled file) APIs before attempting to run the QSPCRTSP API.

I started checking each of the 198 parameters against the program list to see which ones might be missing. Near the end, the documentation listed a field called "S36 CONTINUE-YES", along with numerous other fields, through "Offset to Internet print protocol spooled file attributes", which in our Cobol program is defined as a 294-character "reserved" field. After that, beginning with "Front margin offset down" we have all of the fields defined, with no user-defined fields.

Before spending any more time on this effort, I was wondering if there is an easier way to duplicate a spooled file (besides rerunning the report), or at least, an easier way of determining which parameters I need.

Marge Rpzmarynowycz