Bob.

Thanks for your involvment, but my problem was that I didn't have the
right name in PROGRAM-ID in the COBOL-program.  I had exactly the same
situation that you describe, a RPG-program calling a COBOL-program (with
lots of files to open and close) thousands of times per hour.

Converting the programs(still with RPG on top) to ILE did the trick.  From
running in hours, the job now completes in a few minutes.

Interesting this thing you did, turning the whole job into a COBOL Run
Unit by placing a COBOL-program on top.  I will remember that one when I
need to speed up 'mixed-program' jobs in OPE-environments.

Mvh.

Geir

Bob Larkin <blarkin@wt.net>
Sent by: cobol400-l-admin@midrange.com