On 9/21/21 1:11 AM, Patrik Schindler wrote:

Sounds reasonable. Maybe this is a dumb question but: How did you
handle dynamic user profile switching? What you write sounds somewhat
like "hard coded" in some way.

We don't. In our server architecture, the child-server job is spawned off once the user has given an acceptable ID and password, and lasts for as long as the user remains connected. So the way we did it may not even be remotely relevant to what you're doing (as well as being rather archaic, given what's available today).

As to how things work in C, for APIs called as programs, just look through the various members in QSYSINC/H.

For example, QSYSINC/H.QUSLJOB (which is one of the places the compiler automatically looks when you "#include <QUSLJOB.H>"), you'll find
#pragma linkage(QUSLJOB,OS,nowiden)

This tells the compiler and the linkage editor that you're calling a program. Then you'll find a prototype for QUSLJOB, and prototypes for the structures it uses.

At least, that's how all of this works from V4R2 through V6R1. For all I know, they may have changed things since then, to put the headers in the IFS.

--
JHHL
"Luddites of the World Unite! You have nothing to lose but your upgrade treadmills!"