probably find somebody to look at the issue more quickly.

Thanks,

Aaron Albertson

"C400-L" <c400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 02/03/2017 04:21:34 PM:

From: Kelly Beard <kenverybigliar@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bare Metal Programming IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)"
<c400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/03/2017 04:22 PM
Subject: Re: [C400-L] V7R3 C++ questions
Sent by: "C400-L" <c400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sorry, but I cannot drop the issues I'm having with the V7R3 C++
compiler.

On our new system, ixlc points to this

/bin/ixlc -> /qsys.lib/qdevtools.lib/qczcxlc.pgm

Everytime I run it, a QPRINT spool file gets created which contains the
following, which I assume is debug statements:

Bytes_Return = 35
Bytes_Avail = 35
Libs_In_Syslibl = 0
Prod_Libs = 0
Curr_Libs = 0
Libs_In_Usrlibl = 0
Lib_Name = 'BEAK '

That's it. I also can't use the compile option "-qlanglvl=..." like the
following:

ixlc -+ QUSRJOBI_0400.cpp -omother -qprint -prtmsgid
-qlanglvl=*extended0x
INVALID COMPILING OPTIONS:-qlanglvl=*extended0x

This, however, works fine

CRTBNDCPP PGM(BEAK/MOTHER)
SRCSTMF('/home/beak/QUSRJOBI_0400.cpp')
OUTPUT(*print)
LANGLVL(*EXTENDED0X)
TGTRLS(V7R3M0)

If I am reading the V7R3 C++ reference manual correctly, I should be
getting more print statements out than I am. This program code

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <sstream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <unistd.h>
using namespace std;

void function()
{
cout << __FUNCTION__ << ": I will do nothing sir, and like it!" <<
endl;
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
#if defined(__C99_FUNC__)
cout << "__C99_FUNC__ yes" << endl;
#endif
cout << __IBMCPP__ << endl;
#if defined(__IBMCPP_NULLPTR)
cout << "__IBMCPP_NULLPTR yes" << endl;
#endif
#if defined(__IBMCPP_CONSTEXPR)
cout << "__IBMCPP_CONSTEXPR yes" << endl;
#endif
cout << __C99_MAX_LINE_NUMBER << endl;
cout << __FUNCTION__ << endl;
function();
}

Doesn't print anything in regards to __C99_FUNC__, __IBMCPP_NULLPTR or
__IBMCPP_CONSTEXPR. I thought that they should if the *EXTENDED0X option
is specified.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>