@Jon: Yeah, that quote is a classic. Regarding the business application
suitability, I think it's to a large degree down to how much you value
portability and onboarding of OS agnostic good coders as well as usage of
very basic standard tools such as version control and the option to use
which compiler you want. You can't even use say git on source code stored
in QSYS right (which most shops still seem to)?
That said, most OS/400 apps I've seen would be much more maintainable and
flexible if they were written in say Python (but Guido is saying that he
has no interested in supporting architectures not built on supersets of
ASCII).

@Frank. Before continuing this, let me tell you that I am merciless against
straw man arguments.

@Jevgeni: Thanks. I was going to stay out of this, but as you mentioned,
this being (or at least at once was) a C list I just couldn't help myself
when the nonsense never stopped.

To end this on a lighter note, here is a nice presentation on C++:
http://www.fefe.de/c++/c%2B%2B-talk.pdf

On 14 February 2014 15:09, Jevgeni Astanovski <