2013/2/23 aec <cfuture@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Does embedded SQL work in C the same as in RPG? Such as, running a DROP
QTEMP/MYFILE statement. In RPG this just returns a negative SQLCODE.
Don't have to capture the message.

The OP wants to stick to the _Ropen family of OS/400 specific
functions and not use SQL. If SQL was an option, which I guess it's
not, I would suggest using a DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE statement
to begin with as the _R-family has many drawbacks such as not being
portable and not supporting all datatypes in db2 (LOBs for instance).

This thread ...