Hi all,
Too bad not being familiar also with RPG...

I'm trying to call an RPG program from my ILE/C program.
RPG program parameters are described in the manual, there are plenty of parameters, that are described like this:
@ETK A(4)
@ETN S(7,0)
I understand, that @ETK is char(4). @ETN seems to be SIGNED(7,0) so from the C point of view effectively also char(7).
When I call the program filling @ETN with 7 zeroes (the parameter is marked as "not used" in the manual) I get a decimal error MCH1202.
I ask the manufacturer - what is the type of the parameter?
He answers: 7 0
:-(
He even sent me a source, below is a row from it:
62000 C PARM @ETN 7 0
But frankly speaking it tells me close to nothing.

Can anyone tell me, is it decimal(7,0) or char(7)?

TIA,
Jevgeni

This thread ...