At 11:31 2008-04-28 +0300, Jevgeni Astanovski wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

probably my understanding of the platform speifics is
somewhat weak, so I cannot understand how to solve the
problem. May be someone can advise me.

A PC program using Client Access establishes a connection
session with AS/400. As a result a job named QZRCSRVS is
started.
The PC program establishes environment for this job (creates
library list and some other preparations) and then starts
calling one and the same program:

[snip]

Now one of our programs of this sort has a bug, that we are
searching for a couple of weeks but with no success. As a
result the program crashes and the file QTEMP/TEMPFILE left
open.

[snip]

I am (of course) not losing the hope to find the original
bug, but have no idea how to proceed.

Debugging a service job can be a challenge. However, if you
can make the problem happen at will, there is still hope.

"Integrated i5/OS Debugger" can set a breakpoint on a
"Service Entry Point" such as the entry point to your
program. Your debug session gets control when the PC
program invokes the i5 program. You can then do all the
things that you expect to do in an interactive debugger.

I have just met the Integrated i5/OS Debugger as part of
Rational Developer for System i (RDI), but I have a notion
that it was also part of the earlier WDSC product.

Advise will be highly appreciated :-)

Hope this helps.

Terry.
Rent-a-geek and Database Bithead.